Location: 410 S. 3rd St.
Take Your Next Step
Excellent teaching, small class settings, superb academic programs, convenient schedules, tremendous value. You’ll find it all when pursuing a graduate degree at UWRF. Whether you’re ready to take the next step in your career, are seeking additional licensing or just want to add professional skills, our graduate programs were built with your success in mind.
General Admissions Requirements
In general, the requirements to be admitted include:
- An earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- An overall undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 (on a four-point scale) or an average of at least 2.90 based on the last 64 semester credits (90 quarter credits) of the undergraduate program.
- Completed application received with $56 processing fee.
- Any additional admissions requirements specific to your program.
Special Admissions Types
As a temporary graduate student, you may enroll in courses without being admitted into a degree or certificate program at UW-River Falls. You’ll need a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution to take graduate-level courses, but the application fee is waived. In your application, indicate that your reason for applying is to take courses for personal or professional enrichment. If you decide to purse a degree or certificate in the future, you’ll need to notify us in writing and meet any additional admission requirements, including application fees.
If you are a returning graduate student, you must submit a re-entry application. If you are changing your program of study or you’re now interested in pursuing a degree or certificate, please contact Graduate Admissions at email@example.com.
For more information about applying as an international student, refer to Admissions for International Students.
Due to the unique nature of program coursework, some of our graduate programs will not accept any transferred credits. For others, you are limited to transferring nine graduate credits. These credits must be approved by your adviser and the Director of Graduate Studies. Check with the program coordinator for specific information on transferring graduate credits.
To accept transfer credits, we must receive an official transcript from the institution listing the course taken. Transferring credits will not affect your probationary status. Distance-learning credits are eligible for transfer only if the course is accepted for a graduate degree program at the institution giving the credit.
How to Apply
Ready to apply? (Don’t worry, we’ve got a handy list to keep you organized and ensure that your application is complete.)
1. Choose your program of study by reviewing the Graduate Catalog or contact the Graduate Studies Office for assistance.
2. Apply online with the electronic UW System application form. (Note that some programs have admissions deadlines or start during specific terms.)
3. Pay the $56 application fee either by credit card or check. (Only required if you are pursuing a degree or certificate).
4. Send in any additional admissions materials as required for your program. Requirements for each program can be found in the graduate programs catalog.
5. Request transcripts from your past colleges or universities. These official documents must be sent directly from the institution to Graduate Admissions, 103 David Rodli Hall, 410 S. 3rd Street, River Falls, WI 54022 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org unless otherwise directed by your program application instructions. If you are a currently enrolled UWRF student, send an email to the UWRF Registrar’s Office email@example.com for instructions.
6. Find out your financial aid options by visiting the Financial Aid webpage or contacting the Financial Aid Office.
After you’ve been admitted, you’ll be sent instructions on how to register for classes and other information necessary to begin your course of study.
Unless otherwise indicated by the application instructions of your selected program of study, all documents (including transcripts) are to be submitted to the Graduate Admissions Office, 103 David Rodli Hall, 410 S. 3rd Street, River Falls, WI 54022 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.