Why Study Business Administration - Marketing Professional Sales ?
Situated in a fast-paced, in-demand industry, sales and marketing careers are exciting opportunities that often lead to unlimited growth. As a marketing – professional sales major you can utilize our Center for Sales Excellence, internships, Sales Lab and sales competitions to hone your selling skills and prepare you for any sales role.
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Emphasize business relationships which are crucial to success in the field.
- Effectively use sales techniques in B2B or consumer settings.
- Communicate efficiently with a variety of audiences.
- Understand sales concepts and techniques and utilize them across platforms.
- Learn and sharpen selling techniques.
Types of Courses
- Business Ethics
- Consumer Behavior
- Ethical Leadership
- International Marketing
- Negotiation Techniques
- Relationship Selling
- Sales Analytics
- Sales Force Management
“As a business administration – professional sales major at UWRF, I have been surrounded by a foundation of staff and faculty who truly care about my future success. Every professor I have had has taken the time to get to know me and I am able to connect with them on a personal level. This has helped me be a successful student by creating a more personalized learning environment than what you would find at a larger university.”
– Karl Seibert, business administration major, marketing – professional sales emphasis
Marketing sales majors graduate from UW-River Falls prepared for a variety of careers in the sales-related fields. Potential roles include:
- Account Executive or Manager
- Business Development Consultant
- Insurance or Outside Sales Manager
- Sales Director