Why Study Management?
The ability to lead, communicate, collaborate and turn talent into excellent performance are all traits of capable managers. Our management major will prepare you to manage people, lead a business unit, form a company strategy and succeed in the corporate, non-profit or government worlds.
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Develop strategic management tactics to manage people and organizations and strategic plan coordination for all levels of business.
- Cultivate a variety of transferable skills, including effective collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and customers.
- Sharpen leadership skills that will allow you to hire, train, motivate and evaluate employees.
Types of Courses
- Business Process Management
- Decision Making
- Ethical Leadership
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Managerial Finance
- Quantitative Analysis
- Retail Management
“I feel genuinely prepared for the 'real world' after graduation. The department has given me many opportunities to network and given me hands-on experience that I believe will allow me to hit the ground running after graduation.”
– Shane Larson, business administration – management major
Management majors graduate from UW-River Falls prepared for a variety of careers in business. Potential roles include:
- Account Manager
- Human Resources Manager or Specialist
- Management Analyst
- Project Manager
- Sales Manager