Why Study Spanish Education, K-12?
Is teaching your passion? We offer a Spanish education major that prepares you for a K-12 license to teach Spanish in public schools. As a Spanish education major, you’ll be given the tools to develop your Spanish language and teaching skills.
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Develop listening, Spanish language comprehension, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in best practices and implement them in the preparation and development of classroom materials, schedules and lessons for students.
- Design, implement and assess teaching tools.
- Nurture your awareness and appreciation of cultural contributions by Spanish and Latin American countries to contemporary society.
Types of Courses
- Beginning Spanish
- Conversation and Composition
- Educational Psychology
- Foundations of Diversity and Equity in Teaching
- Introduction to Teaching
- Latin American Civilization – 1800 to Present
- Mexico: A Culture Experience
- Pre-K-12 Spanish Methods
- Survey of Spanish Literature – Siglo de Oro
Already have a strong Spanish foundation? As an incoming student, you’ll have an opportunity to test into the language and earn up to 14 free credits. This doesn’t just give you a head start, it opens up your schedule for more options throughout your college career.
UWRF’s Spanish education program prepares students for a K-12 license to teach Spanish in public schools. Our graduates land teaching positions in Wisconsin, Minnesota and beyond.