Why Study Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)?
Major/Minor | English/Language | CAS
TESOL emphasizes teaching aspects of English in non-English speaking countries. Our TESOL program utilizes a variety of resources to prepare graduates including an ESL Tutoring Center, a Speakers' Corner and an accelerated bachelor’s to master’s degree program.
Scholarship Dollars Awarded in 2022-2023
Living and Learning Communities
Of Students Received Financial Aid in 2022-2023
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
email@example.com // 715-425-3777
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate proficiency in a foreign language and understanding of language variations.
- Design, implement and assess teaching tools.
- Develop comprehension of first and second language development.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Thoroughly understand English language structure.
Types of Courses
- Acquisition of Language
- Assessment and Teaching in TESOL
- Intro to TESOL: Reading and Writing
- Non-Native Speakers of the Midwest
- Pedagogical Grammar
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Structure of English
- Techniques in Tutoring: TESOL Practicum
- Theory and Methodology of TESOL
TESOL graduates are in high demand and pursue roles like:
- English Teacher or Tutor
- English Online Teacher
- English Assessment Designer or Administrator
- English Learning Materials Developer
- English Language Program Coordinator
- Language Program Coordinator or Manager
- Teacher Trainer
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!