Wisconsin Tuition Promise at UW-River Falls
You could be eligible for free tuition!
A UW System Initiative, the Wisconsin Tuition Promise is designed to support Wisconsin resident students. Beginning Fall 2023, the Wisconsin Tuition Promise is guaranteed funding for eligible students to cover up to four years of tuition and fees at UW-River Falls. Students will be automatically considered for the Tuition Promise once they submit a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
To be eligible for the Wisconsin Tuition Promise at UW-River Falls, you must:
1. Be a Wisconsin resident.
2. Have an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $62,000 or lower. (You also must file a FAFSA each year).
3. Be an incoming first-year or transfer student. You must be enrolled full-time and seeking your first bachelor or associate degree.
4. Have been employed at some point during the preceding year.
- Semester counts will start fall 2023. Eight semesters of eligibility total for bachelor-degree-seeking students, four semesters of eligibility for associate-degree-seeking and transfer students. A student who transfers after the first year could be eligible for six semesters.
- Fall and spring enrollment only.
- Must meet Standards of Academic Progress (SAP) and other Title IV eligibility requirements for continued eligibility.
- Must be continuously enrolled.
The Wisconsin Tuition Promise is a new initiative to ensure underserved Wisconsin students can attend any UW System university without paying tuition or fees.
The Wisconsin Tuition Promise would provide up to four years of tuition and fee funding for students coming from families earning less than $62,000 annually and enrolling at UW-River Falls.
The program will be structured to provide “last dollar” financial support after federal and state grant aid is accounted for; as a result, Tuition Promise awards will vary.
Students will be automatically considered for the Wisconsin Tuition Promise when they apply for federal financial aid.
The Wisconsin Tuition Promise will be offered to incoming UW-River Falls students (first year and transfers) who enroll beginning fall 2023.
Seeking a bachelor's degree?
If you're a first-year student seeking a bachelor's degree, you can receive up to four years (eight semesters) of free tuition and segregated fees. If you're a transfer student who is seeking a bachelor's degree, you can receive up to two years (four semesters) of free tuition and segregated fees. A student who transfers after the first year could be eligible for six semesters.
Seeking an associate degree?
If you're a first-year or transfer student seeking an associate degree, you can receive up to two years (four semesters) of free tuition and segregated fees.
At UW-River Falls, we're invested in your success! We offer a number of ways to finance your education, including 800+ scholarships dedicated to UWRF students. Falcons received more than $3.28 million in scholarships in 2021-22! Learn more about scholarships at uwrf.edu/paying-for-college/scholarships.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is an important part of your higher education journey and it might even mean free money to cover your college costs. Students should complete the FAFSA each year beginning October 1.
Visit uwrf.edu/paying-for-college to learn more about Paying for College.
Applying to UWRF is as easy as 1-2-3! Depending on your admissions type (incoming first-year, graduate, transfer, etc.), the process may vary slightly but don’t worry, we explain everything. And if you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask!