Why Study Engineering Technology - Test Engineering Technology?
Major | Engineering Technology | CAFES
The engineering technology - test engineering technology (TET) option builds skills in machinery testing as well as measurement, sensors and machinery design. As a test engineering technologist, you'll work with engineers to design and conduct all manner of functional and durability tests. You'll develop hands-on skills in CAD, sensors, data analysis, teamwork, machine design and materials testing and over 1,000 paid internships are typically available through the College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences, so you can apply these skills as soon as your sophomore year.
Students in Honors Programs
Scholarship Dollars Awarded in 2022-2023
Of Grads are Employed or Attending Grad School
Engineering Technology - Test Engineering Technology
email@example.com // 715-425-3535
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Develop mastery knowledge by working with state-of-the-art measurement systems, sensors and software.
- Utilize math, science, communications and engineering skills to solve practical machinery testing and precision agriculture problems.
- Conduct, analyze and interpret experiments related to stress, strain, safety, efficiency and exhaust emissions.
- Design and fabricate parts and assemblies using CAD/solid modeling software and 3D printers.
- Understand and adhere to professional, ethical and social responsibilities while working with agricultural/mechanical/electrical/design engineers to solve problems.
Types of Courses
- CAD for Mechanical Design
- Engineering Project Management
- Fluid Power Engineering
- Industrial Safety
- Internal Combustion Engines
- Introduction to Measurement and Instrumentation
- Machine Design
- Precision Agriculture Technology
- Welding and Metal Manufacturing
As a test engineering technology graduate, you'll be prepared for a wide range of high-demand careers. Future roles for you could include:
- Precision Ag Specialist
- Prototype Engineering Technician
- Qualification Engineer
- Test Engineering Technician
- Testing Lab Manager
- Warranty Engineer/Specialist
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!